This is a blog dedicated to helping YOU make more money. Most websites are written to sell lies about how to earn a living and instead we outline everything we possibly can without giving away “the house”. If someone has a specific business that runs well the last thing they’ll do is give it away (they will happily sell you on becoming a customer though!). Overall, most information is written by people who haven’t been there before and we draw a cutoff of $1M+ net worth to post on this website (yes we have met a few high profile bloggers in person and vet all posters). Importantly, we think everyone deserves a *framework* to getting rich (yes that includes YOU!).
“Well done is better than well said” – Benjamin Franklin
The goal of this site is to provide *actionable* advice on 1) Life, 2) Personal Finance and 3) Wall Street. This is not a place for people who are driven by emotion, people who need excessive hand holding, or people that need “motivation” to get started. In addition, many people have read between the lines and understand that selling *recurring income* products online is the key to making significant amounts of money.
To reiterate. This blog is not for people who believe they are average or regular. If you believe you’re average then how will you succeed? We want to help those that are *willing to help themselves*. These people will win. We believe everyone deserves access to the tools for success. What you do with those tools is entirely up to you. Anyone can go from average to a million dollars!!! (or more!)
Life: This is an extremely broad topic and we receive readers from a wide range (15 to 50 years old). Overall, there are really 3 keys to happiness.
1) How healthy you are. Are you healthy mentally, physically and spiritually?
2) How financially free you are. Do you work for money or does your money work for *you*?
3) How is your social life. Do you have friends and are you happy with your relationships?
Life is certainly complex. But. If you can answer positively to all three questions… you are likely happy. You worked extremely hard and earned it.
Personal Finance: This is an extremely touchy topic. Ever since you were born you have been fed a lie. Work for an hourly wage, save every penny like a monk and pray you can finally “live” at age 60+. In short, personal finance advice is bogus (including frugality) because you’re better off working long hours which factually sends up your savings rate. We are tackling this topic head on. If you’re looking for the overview, simply memorize these three beliefs:
1) You absolutely must find what type of intelligence *you* have. Leverage this type of intelligence as much as possible.
2) The only way to get *wealthy* is to start a company. The only way to become *well off* is to go into Sales, Wall Street or Silicon Valley. The fastest way to stay poor is by trading your time for money (hourly wage). No one gets rich this way.
3) If you are worth less than $1M there is no point in trying to trade the financial markets (hedge funds, quants etc. will eat you alive). You simply dollar cost average into an index fund for a decade or so. If you want to trade the market? Make sure you are *financially independent* at minimum. Then we do not care what you do with excess cash since you don’t have to work for a living. “Never risk more than you are willing to lose”
4) Importantly, for those that are serious about developing multiple streams of income and a high net worth, we can recommend Personal Capital. The Company offers *free* software tools with the following four key features: 1) ability to avoid losing money by tracking all fees associated with an investment product allowing you to choose the best possible fund for your future, 2) portfolio analysis where your risk profile is stacked up against your current age and retirement goals, 3) in addition to these free tools, you can also track your net worth and path to becoming a millionaire and 4) when you hit $100K in networth you’ll receive a free one time consultation with an investment professional at Personal Capital. After linking up all of your accounts you’ll be able to sit back and watch as your net worth goes up and your fees remain minimal over the next several years. We strongly believe that Personal Capital is the premier personal finance software tool when compared to its competitors such as Mint. If you’re looking to avoid personal financial collapse, it makes sense to track everything in one place for *free*.
Wall Street: Most advice on the internet is also bogus. Primarily written by people who have never worked in a front office position.
1) Do not bother spending $500+ on financial modeling courses. Wall Street has company specific templates and if you process instead of learn how to model… You will make significantly more mistakes than you should (unable to think and are simply going through the motions).
2) Wall Street is extremely competitive. People are also human. You must learn how to work the politics in an office to give yourself an edge over the competition.
3) Once you are financially set, please do not work for a team or group you do not like. There are a lot of terrible people in the industry. You do not want to work for them once you have already *paid your dues*. It is simply not worth it.
READERS, COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
If you leave comments that are of low quality they will be ignored. Your comments will be marked as spam or deleted. We delete comments since it lowers the quality of the blog. Historically, we allowed everyone to comment. But. That changed when the blog’s traffic started to increase materially. Most of our readers are incredibly bright and ambitious. Since we have an intense monitoring system for the comments here is how *you* benefit.
1) We no longer allow low quality comments and offer *free* Q&As on Facebook once and a while which are announced on our twitter handle.
2) If you leave a bad comment it does not mean you are banned for life. We believe people can change. In addition, if someone goes from leaving good comments to bad comments they will also be deleted. The best example of a bad comment is one that is entirely unrelated to the post (example: Wall Street specific post with a comment on sports) or a comment that makes it 100% clear the post wasn’t even read.
3) There is no gossiping allowed. If you want to talk about other people on the Internet… do that on a forum. Not on our blog. If you want to promote your own blog, that is fine. However. You must be the actual owner and writer of the blog.
4) complaining is no longer allowed in the comments, we will delete them going forward as it adds no value. Everyone loses including the person leaving the comment (negative spiral).
The advice here is direct, blunt and to the point. *YOUR* time is just as valuable as ours. It is the only asset we never get back. There are lots of rich people… But… No one lives forever. We save as much time as possible here.
“It is better to be punched in the face with the truth than kissed with a lie”
Welcome and good luck! If you grind it out, you won’t need it!
All links are affiliate links at no cost to the reader. All products are approved by us. This blog is not for profit and all income is reinvested in the blog (hosting fees, design updates, etc.).
We do not respond to private favors or requests. Contact is for future business purposes only.
Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on wallstreetplayboys.com’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on wallstreetplayboys.com’s web site;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by wallstreetplayboys.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
a. The materials on wallstreetplayboys.com’s web site are provided “as is”. wallstreetplayboys.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, wallstreetplayboys.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall wallstreetplayboys.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on wallstreetplayboys.com’s Internet site, even if wallstreetplayboys.com or a wallstreetplayboys.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on wallstreetplayboys.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. wallstreetplayboys.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. wallstreetplayboys.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. wallstreetplayboys.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
wallstreetplayboys.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by wallstreetplayboys.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to wallstreetplayboys.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Legal Age
You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if 1) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with wallstreetplayboys.com, or 2) you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site
Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise. Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers. Compensation may impact how, where and in what order products appears.
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at email@example.com and contact AdThrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page or click the opt out link provided at the end of the post. You also have the right to request the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact email@example.com. To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.