Wall Street Playboys - Advice from Real Wall Street Professionals
July 24, 2020 by Wall Street Playboys 122 Comments
July 24, 2020 at 9:48 pm
What is your take on the future of Defi? (do you think it has the potential to replace bank accounts in the near future)
Do you have a preference in terms of using Shopfify vs another platform like wordpress for ecommerce?
Do you recommend learning facebook ads before going the AI route?
Wall Street Playboys says
July 24, 2020 at 11:58 pm
1) yes it makes sense, but will have a bubble/wash out as people lever up too much and lose everything. And new tech typically has a lot of hacks/issues at first
2) Shopify is perfectly fine
July 24, 2020 at 10:56 pm
21M, $20k in savings, running SEO agency making $1k per month in profit. Skipped college to be an electrician but hated it and lost my job in the corona virus and have decided not to return to the trade no matter what. I understand, I’m behind but here are my current options:
1) Move back in with parents, slowly take community college courses to appease boomer parents. Meanwhile aggressively expand SEO agency and reinvest the profits into PPC affiliate marketing.
2) Go to college full time and get my degree in computer science 3-4 years from now at a state university like a normal college student would while pursuing SEO agency on the side.
3) Skip college and escape Missouri. Try to obtain work in b2b sales while building SEO agency on the side and reinvesting the profits into affiliate marketing.
July 24, 2020 at 11:57 pm
Option 1 seems best. Get to a better school versus a state college
July 24, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Say you have a product that is complementary to someone’s business. (Ie they sell shoes, you sell unique socks).
How would you convince them to advertise your product through their email list?
Granted it all make logical sense (ie your mission is aligned with theirs, your quality is legit and you can let them vet, you split the profit with them, their customers are likely to like what you have, they don’t compete in the same market, you give their customer a special deal).
Been sending emails out to founders but getting left in the dust. It feels like a no brainer deal (win-win) but perhaps I m not able to communicate properly? Or is email not an effective medium to reach?
July 24, 2020 at 11:56 pm
You should offer some sort of ROI in the first sentence otherwise they will not care. Also you should make sure your brand/image aligns with their design. That should help a lot but blind emailing with “business ideas” is basically spam.
July 25, 2020 at 6:41 am
If emailing isn’t the preferred channel, what’s a more appropriate channel to reach them?
July 25, 2020 at 7:02 am
But this is helpful. Thanks!
I think I’m going to explore direct mail since it’s less skeptical although it’s more difficult to track.
Your email address will not be published.