Our last post explained why Personal Finance on the Internet is Bogus. This post is going to focus specifically on frugality. Frugality is 1) a feminine quality, 2) will make you soft over time and 3) it will prevent you from reaching your potential.
Why is it trending you ask?
It is trending because people are weak. Period. Everyone is slaving away earning less than they are worth (they wouldn’t hire you if they could not profit from you) and instead of standing up and fighting the big battle they are scrimping by keeping the crumbs. Is it a coincidence that frugality is the newest trend and people are suffering from low testosterone?
Of course it isn’t.
“Frugality is a Feminine Quality” – Wall Street Playboys
1) How is Frugality a Feminine Quality?
Restraint is a basic feminine quality and frugality is just that, an act of restraint. Let that sink in. When you think of a high quality sexy woman… what are some things most guys want if they are looking for an actual relationship?
They want her to be:
– Loyal, a form of restraint when presented with her desire to “trade up”
– Thrifty, a form of restraint against materialism
– Not an Alcoholic, a simple example of restraint
These are clear forms of restraint. They are great qualities in a girlfriend. Not a successful male.
Is it a “coincidence” that most men who are not in charge of their marriage/relationship constantly complain about their wife/girlfriend spending too much money?! Of course it isn’t. Their wife/girlfriend is running the show! Or in old school language, “she wears the pants in the relationship”. She doesn’t need to show any restraint!
Frugality can be a great quality for a potential girlfriend, not for living your dream.
No. Not one bit.
Frugality Teaches You to “Relax”: This is a great concept. The catch? It is not a masculine quality. Successful men do not stop and “relax” for the rest of their lives. This is another feminine quality. Feminine girls want to sit on the beach drink Mai Thai’s and do their nails. Awesome. Flip it around. Apply it to a man.
“Hey guys I want to sit on the beach and do nothing. I really need a vacation because life is hard and I don’t want to live life anymore I’d rather just chill and relax. Instead of trying to see how good I can be I’m going to hang out on the beach”
How many of you would run to take his advice? None. He would simply be a cool guy to “chill and relax with”. After that he is of no value because he has no reason to be alive anymore.
“Soft Like Charmin!” – Kobe Bryant
2) How Does Frugality Teach You to be Soft?
When our post dropped last Friday a reader quickly emailed… We didn’t respond.
“You guys just need to flex your frugality muscles and get used to living with less.”
In younger generation language… WTF is a frugality muscle?! Is this something hipsters have in their Skinny Jeans?… After a spike of annoyance we realized the reader was missing the point. What he was really confusing is the following:
Are you trying to be rich or are you settling for happiness only.
They are not the same.
You can absolutely be both, but they are not the same.
If you are able to teach yourself to live with less you will be happier because you are decreasing your expectations relative to your results. However. This is a big capitalized HOWEVER. You will not get rich.
If you go down the path of frugality you will live off a modest amount of money, call it $50-75K or so. You will not get rich.
This blog is about getting rich AND being happy. Not just being happy.
“Frugality is Boring as F***.” – Wall Street Playboys
3) How Does Frugality Prevent You From Reaching Your Potential
This one is obvious. You are drowning in a risk averse sewer. If you remain frugal for life you will now suffer from the worst feeling in the world.
It won’t happen now but it will happen when you least expect it. On your death bed. If you do not believe this, go work at a hospital. The hospital is going to be filled with people telling you they wish they “lived for themselves”. This is another way of saying, I wish I pursued my passion.
You should listen up when someone is about to die. They have no reason to lie.
The Wall Street Playboys Solution
We are not telling you to start a business… yet. We are not telling you to quit your job… yet. Not everyone needs to do that or wants to do that…
1) Build Skills: You will have a passion for something. If it is blogging, that is great. We don’t think it’s a good idea but there is a lot of money in setting up blogs for people.
2) Do Not Copy: Do it the hard way. Find your skills the hard way. Why? You will be unique. No one can replicate you anymore.
3) Reinvest Aggressively: Keep building your skills. Be selfish. Invest in You. Every morning stand in front of the mirror and say that the only company that matters is “ME Inc.”.
4) Wait for the Calling: You are not good enough if you tell people you are good. You are not ready. You wait. Keep investing, learning and growing… Wait until other people tell you that you’re good. You’re now ready.
5) Network: You know you are good enough now. You will feel it. Reach out to people in your space/sector/passion. They will welcome you.
6) Pull the trigger.
7) An Event.
One last thing.
When you are ready, calculate the risks and spend. Spend as much as you like.
Laugh in the face of frugality as you continue to spend to earn.